Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update


It has been almost a month since I had my knee surgery and I just wanted to update everyone on how things were going.


Remember Week 1.

"DON'T MOVE ME!"

I knew that it was going to be a long road ahead.





Week 2.

"GET ME OUT OF THIS CHAIR AND GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE!"

Up and around but still on crutches. At this point I was ready to start physical
therapy and was waiting to see my doctor. I was ready for just about anything that would get me out of that chair and sitting inside all day.





Week 3.

"CAN I START RUNNING YET?!"

I had started physical therapy and was down to just 1 crutch. At this point I was ready to burn the things!



Week 4.

"I'M READY TO GO!"

NO CRUTCHES and I am getting my leg strength back. This is how I practice balance and building strength...."up with the bad, down with the good". Believe me, it's harder then you think!


Now that I can get around better I went ahead and booked my flight back to Jackson for 30th of this month! I can't wait. I'm ready to get back to work and back with my roomates. I will continue therapy on my own at that point.


--------------------------------------------


Meanwhile, back in Jackson.....

Rach and Megan made sure to include me on New Year's Eve. This is them wishing me a Happy New Year Georgia time. Love them!

..................................................................................................................

Tori and Rach's Teton National Park snowshoeing adventure...

Rach's snow angel....

Tori's snow angel....

Tori took off her snowshoes to see just how deep it really was.....knee deep!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait to get back to my girls!

2 comments:

Ms. McMahon said...

WE can't wait to have you back!!!!!!!
ONE week from tomorrow!!!!! AAAHHH!!!! and p.s. - I'm SOO incredibly proud of how far you've come since surgery - only Jenny would be exercising the same month as surgery!! :)

Rachael said...

I love your blog update! You look great and I can't believe that picture of you with no crutches!!! I am so happy and proud of you :) Absolutely can't wait for your return and our girls trip to Salt Lake City! Love and miss you bunches! See you SOON! Love you, Rachael