Friday, May 14, 2010

Wanderers, Dreamers and Lovers


Wow, it sure has been a while since I've updated my blog. My goal was to have a continuous flow of pictures to share my adventures and life happenings with everyone but that seemed to fade when I moved to a full time position then had my camera break not too long after. I started to feel more tied down. As though I had no new adventure to blog or post about and if I did, how was I going to show you all without a camera of my own? I've come to realize that much happened in my life regardless of how many days off I had and whether or not someone there to catch it on "digital film".
With that said, let me share with you something that was passed along to me. The following paragraph feels as if someone walked into my head, saw I was confused and feeling unrelated to, then in words explained.........me.
Wanderers, Dreamers, and Lovers
"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times I envy them, but usually I do not understand... and seldom do they understand me. I am one of the searchers. There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hidden rivers and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful."
I've read this over and over then emailed it to everyone I felt would have a conecction to the words. I have found a serenity in these words, "I am one of the searchers. There are, I believe millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life...[and] ourselves....We are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion...we like forests, mountains, deserts, hidden rivers and lovely cities as well."
Perhaps those words can give some sort of understanding to my friends and family feeling left behind by my leaving. I have sadening thoughts knowing I chose to seperate myself with so many miles from those that have done nothing but love me. I hope they see why I continue to search. I search for more insight to life and the beauty our world has to offer. I search because I want to see all that I can. I search because I was born a searcher.
"Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter." These two sentences also struck me. This couldn't be more true. To be sad and to share your sadness is to let down your walls and to let someone in. Those priveldged enough know the feeling of sharing sadness have, I believe, found happiness.
So here's to all the wanderers, dreamers and lovers, those that "dare to ask of life". Cheers to you!


1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

I understand your searching - and will come to join you soon!! Love you mucho and will share in your sadness and laughter anytime!!