Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life This Week...

So to make a little extra money a few of us, inlcuding my roommates, decided to "work" for Chevy. We received an email saying that chevy would be in town for a few days doing some promo stuff and needed people to work for them. Money?... What?... I'M IN!


The job entailed wearing horrendous/homeless looking outfits not flattering in any way (seeing as how they were made for males making them several sizes to large) and surveying people on the mountain. Once you got over being the person that everyone was trying to dodge it actually wasn't that bad. At least not for me. I worked on Monday which ended up being a beautiful day!! Not to mention I was able to be on the mountain....we all know when the last time that was....... Anyway, it was a great day and making money on the side wasn't too bad either. Here are a few pictures I took.


This is Laura and I standing at the top of the Gondola "working". Yes, this is what we had to wear...no wonder people hid when they saw us coming.




This is a view of a couple slopes from the top of the Gondola.
I cropped this picture to try and give you a better view of the slopes. Apparently the bottom lift is Thunder, the middle lift is Sublet, and the top lift is East Ridge.
You can also see Corbet's. It's that dip with a narrow line of snow between rock just below East Ridge.
Man, I really did fall too early. My roommates have been all over those lifts and the stories are amazing. Unfortunately what you see here is the closest I'll get. It is a beautiful sight though!
A better view of Corbet's!
I'll keep the pictures coming!! Love everyone and hope that things are going well. Miss you.

1 comment:

Ms. McMahon said...

That is NOT the closest you'll get!!! We'll be hiking all over those slopes this summer!! not to mention next winter :) which is only 10mths away...