Thursday, March 13, 2008

So Much To Say......

Time to catch up......

So, first I had family come into town. It was awesome! I was able to give them a taste of what life is like in Jackson. We went by my work, our place, and met all my room mates. We also, took a ride up the Gondola where we had a great lunch and enjoyed an AMAZING day
with good views. Top of the Gondola with Sonny and Karen
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just another day at home......
There's no grass to cut - only decks to shovel. Winter in Jackson is definitely a little different then winter back home! I can't say that I've ever had to regularly shovel
snow off a deck...until now.
This is a view from our deck of the parking behind our place. The pile of snow from the plows and us shoveling almost reaches the side of our deck. A few times this winter we could have walked right off the side onto the snow.....now we would have to jump! :)
A view of the mountains from our deck! I cannot wait until the summer time!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Rachael's family came for a visit!!!!! What a week!

Us posing with a stuffed Buffalo in town square. We just finished an amazing dinner at the Snake River Grill. Good company, good food, and a lot of good times!!!!!

Me, Jay, and Rach. Jay also joined us for dinner. He's just one of the many interesting and fun people we've been so fortunate to meet here.

SNOWMOBILING ADVENTURE.....and what an adventure it was.

Rachael's family, Rachael, Tori, Megan, Justin, and I took at trip to Grey's River. We saw AMAZING scenery and the experience was one of a kind. I think the experience for the tour guide was one of a kind as well......by the end of the trip we had 3 people fall off the back, a girl drive off a cliff, and a lady crash run into a parked snowmobile. CRAZY. Thankfully no one was hurt but this was definitely an adventure/trip that will be remembered!

These pictures were taken at a ranch where we stopped for lunch. As part of the trip, a lunch is provided at the ranch which, in the winter, can only be reached by snowmobile. They offered burgers, chili, grilled cheese.....it was delicious and a great time to reflect on the trip so far.

--------------------------------

Rach, Megan, me, and Tori "modeling" the equipment......look for us in the next issue of Jackson Hole Snowmobiling!


We make this look good!
----------------------------------
This was my machine and just one of the many scenic spots along the way!
Rach and I

The crew.......

-------------------------------

Overall, the trip was incredible!! Grey's River is definitely one of the most beautiful places I've been this winter! The scenery was breathtaking and almost surreal in some spots. It's experiences like this that make being out here worth it. Living out here is definitely challenging and a struggle in so many ways but no matter how tough things get, when I look around I can't help but think that I am the fortunate one. You can't put on a price tag on what I've seen and done, you just can't. I can't wait for more people to come out here and experience some of this place!






I love you and miss you!!!!

No comments: